Here’s what I was thinking whilst watching Episode Eleven of Marvel’s Iron Fist on Netflix.
- Flashback, haven’t had one of those for a while!
- Surviving a trial in a cave, isn’t that a bit Luke in Jedi training on Dagobah?
- Did he just say father?
- Finding you wouldn’t be that difficult Danny, you haven’t exactly been subtle.
- To be fair, that is logical – if you are supposed to be destroyer of The Hand, then it makes sense to be where The Hand are.
- That’s not true, is it Danny? Coleen would be something left for you.
- How did they all get back to New York so quickly?!
- Bakuto is a dick.
- Claire probably shouldn’t be that surprised by people turning up bleeding at her door.
- You’d think they’d have been taught how to deal with stabbings, basic medical needs etc during their training at the monastery.
- He swore!
- For god’s sake. I thought the compound was in Japan- I have literally just realised that it was in New York all along. What a moron. That explains why they were all getting everywhere so quickly!
- Guessing that’s Luke’s shirt.
- Joy, wouldn’t you keep a little distance from Evil Dad after his whisky bottle outburst?
- You’re only just starting to worry about Ward?
- Maybe check who it is before you just go get the pizza?
- Fair point Claire, a different name would have been a good way to go. I like The Ear.
- Umm, letting Coleen into the same space as Davos – who has already demonstrated he is pretty devout to his training- probably not a great idea. Doubt he’s got too much wiggle room in his thoughts on The Hand.
- Why would Danny put himself forward to be the Iron Fist, if he knew it was just guarding the pass?
- So Bakuto is putting his people in strategic positions, in hospitals, business etc… presumably to assist his eventual world domination plans.
- We’re basically now in martial arts Romeo and Juliet.
- Thought you said pizza was poison, Davos?
- For the last time. STOP. TRUSTING. EVIL. DAD.
- Davos looks pretty pissed off about keep getting asked if he is the Iron Fist too.
- Joy and Claire need to start a ‘the only sane people here’ club.
- What is the Miami thing?
- Evil Dad, telling Joy you are willing to murder is probably not a great father-daughter bonding moment.
- You’ve realised Bakuto is evil after all. Probably wanted to figure that out earlier.
- Coleen’s fight scenes have been better than Danny’s.
- That was good timing.
Hmm… it was interesting to see more of K’un-Lun and finally find out a bit more about Danny’s training, but that was another episode where it felt like not a lot actually happened. It sort of felt like all set-up. Hopefully the final two episodes will have a bit more substance.